Wednesday, March 12, 2008

American Holiday Catastrophe


This year, sort of as a late New Years Resolution, I am gonna spend less money on every holiday. It's not because of the declining market and it's not because I love the people in my life any less. It's because I'm tired of the commercialization of every single last holiday on the calendar. I'm still waiting for them to start marketing 4th of July gifts. It's comin' just you wait. I'm gonna focus more on the important days like anniversaries and birthdays. The rest of the holidays will probably be a card, if that. Sounds selfish, but I believe thats how retailers want us to feel, that we're being selfish if we don't spend a bunch of money on our loved ones. I'm goona bring back the good 'ol acts of love instead of gifts of love.

No comments: