Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jury Duty


I shoulda brought a book. Today I am reporting for jury duty for the first time in my life. When I lived in Illinois, the way they chose jurors was by people registered to vote. Here in Florida I believe it is any one registered at the DMV. Im not 100% sure on that, but I'm registered to vote here anyways. I'm not complaining whatsoever. I'm just pointing out the fact that I've never experienced this so I didn't know to bring a book or something to do while I wait to be called in. Everything I've ever heard about jury duty was negative. I haven't gotten through the day, but I couldn't be happier to be here. Jury duty is exactly that, a duty as a citizen and I know I will feel that way at the end of all this. Proud. Next time I'll know to bring one of my many programming books I've been trying to get through. I definitely coulda got through one of my books that I never have time to read otherwise.

No comments: