Monday, September 24, 2007

Halo Eve


Every once in awhile there comes an event that is so big that you cherish the thought of being part of it in any way. Tonight at midnight is one such event for me. Tonight is the release of Halo 3. There have been numerous articles bragging that this will be the media event of a lifetime. No other media has had such a pull, such an utter obsession by people. This game has sold over 3 million copies...and it's not out yet. This game has been part of my life for the past 5 years. From the intense campaign in Halo 1, to the ever addicting multiplayer in Halo 2. This trilogy is honestly the Star Wars of my generation. The following is so large, it should probably be considered a religion. I cannot wait to beat Halo 3 tonight in the first ever 4 player campaign and spend the following years owning in multiplayer. Bungie, Microsoft, thank you for taking me to a world outside my own. Thank you for making me feel like I'm in the game...not playing a game. Thank you for putting such detail and attention into something so that I may enjoy it for years, instead of enjoy it until I beat it. Thank you, for if I get no presents for Christmas this year, I will already have Halo 3. Let the countdown begin.

1 comment:

Cru Cavage said...

well put! I'm so excited, nervous, and pretty much down right scared of what is going to happen the next few days to the next few years!